The price for individual therapy is 65€ per session.
Joel Canals, psychologist of Psy.brussels is registered at the Commission des Psychologues / Psychologencommissie in Belgium, which allows a partial reimbursement of psychotherapy sessions if your insurance allows it.
Each insurance offers different coverage, so it is advisable to consult them specifically.Some examples:
- Partenamut reimburses 20€ per consultation up to 16 sessions per year.
- Solidaris Brabant (FMSB / Mut. socialiste) reimburses 20€ per consultation up to 8 sessions per year.
- Mutualité chrétienne reimburses 20€ per consultation up to 360€ per year.
- Christelijke Mutualiteit reimburses 10€ per consultation. Members with an increased allowance receive up to 15 euros per session. Maximum of 24 allowances per life.
- Helan (Partena Ziekenfonds + OZ) reimburses 10€ per consultation up to 12 sessions per year.
- Mutualité neutre reimburses 15€ per consultation up to 12 sessions per year.
- Mutualité Libérale / Liberale Mutualiteit reimburses 10€ per consultation up to 6 sessions per year.
- Solidaris Wallonie reimburses 20€ per consultation up to 240€ per year.
- Solidaris Vlaanderen (De Voorzorg, Bond Moyson en Socialistische mutualiteiten Brabant) reimburses 10€ per consultation up to 12 sessions per year.
- Workers from the European institutions also have reimbursements available in certain circumstances.
Apart from face-to-face sessions, it is also possible to do the sessions via videoconference.
These are done through Skype, or other platforms.
With the exception of certain specific exceptions described below, you have the absolute right to confidentiality in therapy. The psychologist can not communicate without your permission the content of the treatment, not even the fact that you are in therapy with us.
We may communicate strictly necessary information to other health care providers or family members without your prior consent only in case of an emergency. We will always act to protect your privacy. In case you indicate that we can share information with someone you trust, you have the right to revoke this decision at any time.
All data collected is dealt with in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR).
What data do we collect? We collect the following data: personal identification information and the records about your sessions (the interventions that have taken place, and the topics discussed during therapy).
How will we use your data? We collect your data so that we can process your request for services. Your data will be treated as confidential and under no circumstances will it be used for marketing purposes.
Each psychologist has a therapeutic approach, which comes (or derives) from a theoretical framework and an academic background that allow us to have the necessary criteria to decide the best applicable technique.
We use an eclectic approach within the Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy. That is, our theoretical framework is the so-called Cognitive-Behavioural psychology, according to which dysfunctional emotions or behaviours are believed to stem from dysfunctional thinking. By changing some thoughts, people can change how they feel and what they do. We also incorporate techniques of other therapies.
make an appointment
WA: +32 486 02 22 02